Friday, August 2, 2013

Preparing for end-banding the Atlantico volumes.

Up at 5:30 this morning, as usual, and have prepared the end-banding cores for the six volumes of Atlantico. Once I select the colors of the end-banding thread, I'll sew them 'round the flat cores I've prepared of alum-tawed pigskin - lined with soft goat parchment to provide a small amount of rigidity, which provides better definition to the sewing/embroidery. The shoulders of the spines have been softened and properly enhanced, and the spines have been lined with two layers of thick Korean "Hanji" paper, using Korean rice starch paste, and allowed to completely dry. After sewing the end bands I will line the six spines with soft alum-tawed goatskin.

I'll post photo's after all of the above is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment